Delusional or Paranoid?

I Wish you were proud of me.

Am I reading the signs wrong?
Am I hearing the words wrong?
You wanted me to be yours.
I didn’t want to belong to anyone!
I just wanted to be alone,
Didn’t care much for companionship.

Ah! Cupid you dirty miscreant!
Shot me right through my left shoulder,
Through my heart.
His arrowhead sticks out through my ribs.
I’m love struck!

You say you feel a higher degree for me,
I don’t even see how that can be. :s
Yet it’s difficult for you to tell the world about us.
You want,
I give.
 A mistake I make. Not once,
Not twice,
Not thrice,
Not four times (what’s the correct word?)
Yet I believe love can do me well.
I believe Cupid got his target right.

You are not my mistake.
I’m proud of you; I want to show you off!
But you are not proud of me,
And it hurts.

It stings because I don’t know how to tell you.
Bites because I can’t imagine why you’re acting shady.
Burns because you speak such beautiful words,
You make me feel I am the only one you see,
The only one you know.
Well, am i?
The only one I mean. Or am I just delusional?

I do not want to be alone,
I want to be with you.
Do I draw on my face of indifference?
And risk actually becoming indifferent… eventually?
Is this it?
 Is this what you want?

Am I your mistake?
To say I am pained is an understatement.
It hurts to my very marrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment