Joke!

A Joke has turned my upward turned lip-edges downward.
A sense of humor which is appreciated is a rare thing.
If you tell a joke, and it turns a smile into a frown,
are you qualified as a clown?
I wanted to be your up,
your high,
your good,
your best,
your thought,
your warmth,
your good luck.

A bad clown with its bad omen
I've become your down,
your low,
your bad, 
your worst, 
your fear, 
your cold...
Your bad luck.

Regrets begin to set in...
and i only want to go back.
I only want to take it all back,
for we would've been better off without this joke.
and we would still be us.

Our yay would remain yay, and our nay, far away.
I'm  needy,
I'm human,
I'm not a creature with a painted face and a red shiny nose.
I'm not a clown.
When i take the place of your jester, some jokes become too cheap,
They draw blank, grim expressions and grunts from those who listen,

Some jokes become too expensive,
They draw down turned lip-edges.
Help we with this choice.
Shall i be your jester?
your high,
Your up,
Your warmth,
Your thought,
Your Good luck,
Your Best?

Shall i be none to you?

Shall i be all to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment