I cheat, you cheat. No?

Where does it begin? Cheating i mean.
I've been told that it starts from flirting.

I have also been told that the thought alone marks the beginning.
If this is so, is it possible that anyone has never cheated?
Is this to say that once you think it, you might as well finish it?

Or do we go with those who say that cheating begins the moment physical relations begin?
Or those who say that speaking to another person outside your relationship about
sex with someone other than your partner is cheating?

How about honesty?
"I have had my man for 3 years and i went out,
played a game of truth or dare,
kissed 3 different guys and then told my man.
He broke up with me."
Did honesty pay off here?

"My boyfriend and i were having problems.
So i flirted with this totally gorgeous guy at the office party,
only to find out that my boyfriend knew him quite well.
We met again at an event where i am with my man and he acts like we've never met, so i play along.
Later on, jokingly, i told my man that I had met his friend before and dont know why he acted the way he did.
My man went on to do some 'research' at my back and confronts me about it.
He says i had a one night stand with this dude."
Did half honesty pay off here?

" I haven't seen my boo in a while.
We've been arguing a lot lately.
Then i finally open up to him while we're trying to patch things up,
that i had thought of cheating on him that day.
He said "a thought is all it really takes" and never spoke to me again"
Did absolute honesty pay off here?

What if in all those instances,
I actually went all the way?
What would you say? would it change the course of things?
Would things remain the same?
Is honesty really worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment